10 Scrapbooking Organization Tips



Scrapbooking products and supplies can become cluttered very easily, making it difficult to get the most out of your supplies and find things quickly. Here is a list of ways I keep my scrapbooking supplies in check!



1.Scrap Paper Bin
After creating a few pages left over scraps of paper begin to pile up. I keep my scrap paper in a plastic bin. It can be easily stored away and keeps those pesky scraps in one place until you suddenly need that left over pink flower paper. To further organize your bin stack the papers in coordinating colors with the largest on the bottom to the smallest on top.


2. Page Protector Storage
Storing those cute strips of paper found at the top of 12x12 papers can become messy. They are easily bent and fall to the bottom of the Scrap Paper Bin. Storing them in a page protector prevents them from bending and allows you to see what you have in your stash. This page protector can be stored in the top of your Scrap Paper Bin until they are needed.




3. Button Bag
Buttons are an affordable embellishment that no scrapbooker should do without. keep them stored in a clear zip-lock bag for easy access. If you are looking for a button of a particular color or size just lay the bag flat and spread the buttons out with your hand while its closed. If you do not see what you're searching for flip the bag over and repeat. Once you find that perfect button unzip the bag and grab it. This bag can be stored in the Scrap Paper Bin or by itself. 






4. Ribbon Jar
I usually keep my ribbons in a clear plastic jar like the one seen on your left. This jar was purchased at Hobby Lobby. However I find myself reaching for washi tape more often.






5. Plastic Drawers
I store many of my tools in a small plastic drawer container which you can choose to organize any way you like. Having drawers specifically for stamps, adhesives, cutting tools or whatever you find yourself reaching for often.




6. Project Life Plastic Mold
This tip is probably one of the most common organization solutions I've seen and I also find using the plastic mold very useful. If you are interested in pocket pages I'm sure you own one of these. The plastic mold can hold several collections when the cards are in an upright position. Many scrapbookers organize theirs by color or theme. 






7. The Clip
A simple way to keep special paper scraps such as cut aparts is to keep them together with a clip. This is especially useful when the scraps are small and can be easily lost. I organize mine with the smallest scraps in the front and the larger ones in the back.



8. Plastic Divider 
The great thing about the plastic divider is that it can hold various types of objects and the dividers can be altered to fit whatever you may need. These can be found at scrapbooking stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Mine happens to be a small tackle box that came with a fishing rod. Use whatever works for you. 






9. The Album
My favorite scrapbooking storage solution is the album. Using old photo album to hold embellishment stickers is great. Once I've used up the majority of a sticker sheet I cut it up and what's left finds its way to the album. I can quickly flip through the pages to find what I'm looking for and it can be further organized by theme, color or size!





10.  Letter Sorter
My final organization suggestion is a letter sorter. This is where I keep all my new stickers before I've used them up enough to fit in the album. I also keep my letter stickers here. My letter sorter is organized with the letter stickers in the back and all other stickers in the front two compartments from smallest to largest. By having the stickers propped on the edge they take up less space and can be easily sorted through!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bullet Journaling for Fitness

Page Highlight: Family Outing

Bullet Journaling Yearly Pages